Orlando has gained global fame for it’s warm weather and iconic attractions. Luckily for the Backpacking Boyfriends, we were able to have a quick fun filled vacation in Orlando at the beginning of August to celebrate Will’s birthday. No vacation in Orlando is complete without visiting one of the many theme parks it has to offer. First up on our list was Universal Studios Orlando & Islands of Adventure. After reading all the reviews on accommodations, we ultimately decided to book a room at The Point Orlando Resort, which we quickly realized was our home away from home. The amount of amenities the hotel had to offer made our travel experience comfortable and relaxed; with that said, here are 5 Reasons you should consider your stay in Orlando at The Point Orlando Resort.
1. The Location - Whenever you plan a trip you want to make sure that where you stay is conveniently located to attractions and located near the central part of town. The Point Orlando Resort provided just that, a convenient location to non stop vacation fun in Orlando. We took advantage of their daily shuttle service to Universal Studios Orlando and Islands of Adventure during our stay. Their transportation services don’t just stop at Universal Studios, they provide services to Disney Parks via-Epcot as well as Sea World. *departure times listed on their website*
2. Full Service Breakfast Buffet - Let’s be honest, delicious food is one of the many joys of traveling. For an additional charge, The Point Orlando offers a breakfast buffet that will be sure to fill up your stomach before tackling any of the theme parks. Located in the lobby of the hotel is The Barista which serves a daily hot American buffet breakfast featuring: scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage and fruit as well as bagels and pastries. They also serve Starbucks coffees. The buffet hours of operation is 7:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m. - We highly recommend this dining option while staying at the hotel!
3. Recently Renovated Spacious Suites - As we mentioned before, The Point Orlando is truly a home away from home. The hotel offers apartment-like luxury accommodations in the form of studio, one-bedroom and two-bedroom suites. We were fortunate enough to experience a Grand One-Bedroom Suite which has a separate bedroom, a living room, private balcony and full kitchen. We took full advantage of the kitchen by cooking meals to save money during our trip. The hotel staff even decorated our room prior to checking in with rose pedals and towels folded in the shape of a swan to make Will’s birthday that more special. To view more about the room amenities click the following link: http://www.thepointorlando.com/rooms-en.html
4. Tropical Outdoor Pool & Hot Tub - After spending a long day at Universal Studios it was nice going back to the hotel to enjoy the relaxing poolside atmosphere and hot tub. The Point Orlando’s pool includes towel service as well as a poolside bar that offers a dining menu and refreshing cocktails.
5. Hotel Staff - Hospitality is quintessential to your overall travel experience and the hotel staff at The Point Orlando truly sets the bar high. Their concierge desk, located in the lobby, handled all of our needs during our stay and had a strong grasp on the local attractions, willing to offer advice at any hour and just about any other request you have. The best part? You could purchase tickets to Orlando’s popular attractions through the concierge. Not only was their concierge super helpful but their bellmen and front desk staff were professional, friendly and always greeted you with a smile.
Now you can see why The Point Orlando was our home away from home. It was the perfect hotel with cozy decor and ideal location. We highly recommend that when you plan your trip to Orlando you'll take The Point Orlando Resort into consideration. For additional information regarding the property, please inquire by clicking the links below!
They offer incredible specials throughout the year….please visit this link for additional information on current specials: http://www.thepointorlando.com/specials-en.html